In a short time, extended reality (XR) computing, the spectrum of immersive content including augmented, mixed, and virtual realities, has captured our cultural imaginations and is revolutionizing how business gets done. XR tools, experiences, and solutions are already transforming nearly every industry—from architecture to healthcare to entertainment to retail and beyond.
XR will continue this rapid growth, expanding into how we work, play, communicate, and collaborate—no matter your industry or interests. Businesses and professionals across a broad spectrum of work and verticals, should understand these technologies and start developing their plans to take advantage of these powerful new tools.
Start building your XR strategy today. Join Torch and The Wild for Foundations of XR for Business.
“As most large corporations recognize measurable ROI from adopting the technology and as consumers begin to appreciate the radical benefits. [Extended reality is...] opening opportunities for knowledge creation and collaboration on a scale humanity has never before experienced.” Source: What’s the Next Dimension of Spatial Computing? AR Insider
Three reasons to build an XR strategy today.
The gear is here
The combined market for virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) is expected to top $80 billion in the next 4 years, that’s an astounding number considering the first consumer hardware began shipping in 2016. That’s market growth from zero to $80 billion in 7 years. And it’s affordable. With low-cost options like Oculus Quest on the scene, XR available on phones and tablets you already use, and new offerings hitting the market each quarter, the price of XR is not as far out of reach as you might think.
Just two years after the announcement of Apple’s ARKit, there are now over a billion mobile AR capable devices in use today. By the end of 2018, there were nearly 20 million VR rigs in use and the standalone Occulus Quest is on track to sell over a million units this year.
XR drives higher ROI & engagement
Across all kinds of work, XR applications are showing incredible return on investment
- Houzz reports it’s AR product viewer drives 11x more conversions over standard e-commerce touchpoints.
- Olay Skin Advisor boosted basket sizes by 30% and doubled conversions with XR skincare advice.
- Lockheed Martin’s Emerging Technologies‘ XR training programs reduced training time by 85% and boosted accuracy and retention on complex tasks.
- Creatives are making money with AR filters on social media—netting millions of views & engagements.
- Architects and industrial designers are using VR to drive efficiencies and cost savings across design and build cycles.
This workshop can help you get started.
If you’re curious about how XR could impact your business or work and want to know where to get started, this workshop is for you.
XR Foundations for Business, a professional development workshop that gives you a clear understanding of how XR may impact your work while empowering you with the knowledge you need to craft your own immersive XR strategy—even if you aren’t a tech company.
At this workshop you will learn:
- How virtual and augmented reality are changing how we interact with computers—and each other— and what this means for the future of business.
- An introduction to the XR landscape including key concepts, players, technologies, tools, and processes.
- Ways to incorporate XR into your business, even if you’re not a tech company.
- Real-world examples and use cases from experts who are developing these new technologies.
- Hands-on demos with gear, technology, and content.
- This interactive event will include snacks, beverages, and networking with fellow professionals, as well as opportunities to try out some of these XR technologies.
Save $20 off tickets with early bird prices—on sale through Monday, September 9th.
Register for XR Foundations for Business, today.
As part of our commitment to developing XR as a platform for everyone, opportunity scholarships are available—apply here.